Per Söderlind received his Ph.D. in Physics, under the supervision of Prof. B. Johansson at Uppsala University, 1994. From 1989 to 1994, Per spent many summer months working with Prof. A. M. Boring, J. M. Wills, and O. Eriksson at Los Alamos National Lab. During this time Per mostly studied d-transition and actinide metals. He joined the Condensed Matter and Materials division in late 1994, first in the Electronic Structure group, then in the Metals and Alloys group, and now in the EOS and Materials Theory group.
Per became an APS Fellow in 2008 for important contributions in electronic-structure theory for transition and actinide metals, particularly plutonium.
Ph.D., Physics, Uppsala University, 1994
- P. Söderlind and J. E. Klepeis, First-principles elastic properties of alpha-Pu, Phys. Rev. B 79, 104110 (2009).
- P. Söderlind, "Quantifying the importance of orbital over spin correlations in delta-Pu within density-functional theory," Phys. Rev. B 77, 085101 (2008).
- K. T. Moore, P. Söderlind, A. J. Schwartz, and D. E. Laughlin, "Symmetry and Stability of delta Plutonium: The Influence of Electronic Structure," Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 206402 (2006).
- P. Söderlind and B. Sadigh, "Density-functional calculations of alpha, beta, gamma, delta, delta', and epsilon plutonium," Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 185702 (2004).
- P. Söderlind, A. Landa and B. Sadigh, "Density-functional investigation of magnetism in delta-Pu," Phys. Rev. B 66, 205109 (2002).
- P. Söderlind, "Ambient pressure phase diagram of plutonium: a unified theory for alpha-Pu and delta-Pu," Europhys. Lett. 55, 525 (2001).
- P. Söderlind, "Theory of the crystal structures of cerium and the light actinides," Advances in Physics 47, 959 (1998).
- P. Söderlind, O. Eriksson, B. Johansson, J.M. Wills, and A.M. Boring, "A unified picture of the crystal structure of metals," Nature, 374, 524 (1995).