- Development of non-destructive diagnostic methods to identify laser-induced damage precursors in optical materials and monitor the effectiveness of damage prevention, repair, and containment strategies
- Physical mechanisms of energy deposition by high average power lasers in optical materials and subsequent material response
- Use of optical spectroscopy for noninvasive in vivo identification, characterization, and monitoring of the treatment of pathological or injured tissue
International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE)
Ph.D., Engineering, Applied Science, University of California at Davis, 2008
M.S., Engineering, Applied Science, University of California at Davis, 2005
B.A., Physics, University of California at Berkeley, 2000
- R.N. Raman, R.A. Negres, and S.G. Demos, "Time-resolved microscope system to image material response following localized laser energy deposition: exit surface damage in fused silica as a case example." Opt Engr, submitted.
- R.N. Raman, M.J. Matthews, J. J. Adams, and S.G. Demos, "Monitoring annealing via CO2 laser heating of defect populations on fused silica surfaces using photoluminescence microscopy." Opt Lett, submitted.
- R.N. Raman, C.D. Pivetti, A.M. Rubenchik, D.L. Matthews, C. Troppmann, and S.G. Demos, "Evaluation of the contribution of the renal capsule and cortex to kidney autofluorescence intensity under ultraviolet excitation," J Biomed Opt 14, 020505 (2009).
- R.N. Raman, C.D. Pivetti, D.L. Matthews, C. Troppmann, and S.G. Demos, "A non-contact method and instrumentation to monitor renal ischemia and reperfusion with optical spectroscopy," Opt Express 17, 894-905 (2009).
- R.N. Raman, C.D. Pivetti, D.L. Matthews, C. Troppmann, and S.G. Demos, "Quantification of in vivo autofluorescence dynamics during renal ischemia and reperfusion under 355 nm excitation," Opt Express 16, 4930-4944 (2008).
- J.T. Fitzgerald, A. Michalopoulou, C.D. Pivetti, R.N. Raman, C. Troppmann, and S.G. Demos, "Real-time assessment of in vivo renal ischemia using laser autofluoresence imaging," J Biomed Opt 10, 044018 (2005).
- International Congress of the Transplantation Society Travel Award, 2008
- Graduate Student Fellow, NSF Center for Biophotonics Science and Technology, 2004-2008