- Novel low-dimensional materials with strong electron correlations
- Synthesize and characterize emergent materials with novel superconducting, magnetic, magneto-resistive, and thermoelectric properties
Ph.D., Princeton University, 2011
M.Sc., Princeton University, 2007
B.S., Zhejiang University, 2002
- D.-X. Qu, J. Berry, N. P. Calta, M. F. Crumb, G. Guss, and M. J. Matthews, “Temperature Measurement of Laser-Irradiated Metals Using Hyperspectral Imaging”, Phys. Rev. Applied 14, 014031 (2020).
- Dong-Xia Qu, Nick E. Teslich, Zurong Dai, George F. Chapline, Thomas Schenkel, Sean R. Durham, and Jonathan Dubois, "Onset of a Two-Dimensional Superconducting Phase in a Topological-Insulator–Normal-Metal Bi1-xSbx/Pt Junction Fabricated by Ion-Beam Techniques", Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 037001 (2018).
- D.-X. Qu, X. Che, X. Kou, L. Pan, J. Crowhurst, M. R. Armstrong, J. Dubois, K. L. Wang, and G. F. Chapline, "Anomalous helicity-dependent photocurrent in the topological insulator (Bi0.5Sb0.5)2Te3 on a GaAs substrate", Physical Review B, 97, 045308 (2018).
- D.-X Qu, S. K. Roberts, and G. F. Chapline , "Observation of Huge Surface Hole Mobility in the Topological Insulator Bi0.91Sb0.09 (111)", Physical Review Letters, 111, 176801 (2013).
- D.-X Qu, Y. S. Hor, and R. J. Cava, "Quantum Oscillations in Magnetothermopower Measurements of the Topological Insulator Bi2Te3", Physical Review Letters, 109, 246602 (2012).
- D.-X Qu, Y. S. Hor, J. Xiong, R. J. Cava, and N. P. Ong, "Quantum Oscillations and Hall Anomaly of Surface States in the Topological Insulator Bi2Te3", Science, 329 821 (2010).
- J. G. Checkelsky, Y. S. Hor, M.-H. Liu, D.-X Qu, R. J. Cava and N. P. Ong, "Quantum Interference in Macroscopic Crystals of Nonmetallic Bi2Se3", Physical Review Letters, 103 246601 (2009).
- D. Qu, R. Cendejas, Z. Liu, and C. Gmachl, "The Effect of Notch Angles on Quantum Cascade Microlasers with Highly Deformed Spiral-Resonators", Applied Physics Letters, 93 261116 (2008).
- D. Qu and C. Gmachl, "Quasi-Chaotic Optical Multipass Cell", Physical Review A, 78, 033824 (2008).
- D. Qu, Z. Liu, and C. Gmachl, "A compact asymmetric chaotic optical cavity with long optical path lengths", Applied Physics Letters, 93, 014101 (2008).
- D. Qu, F. Xie, G. Shu, S. Momen, E. Narimanov, C. Gmachl, and D. L. Sivco, "Second-harmonic generation in quantum cascade lasers with electric field and current dependent nonlinear susceptibility", Applied Physics Letters, 90, 031105 (2007).
- D. Qu and D. Grischkowsky, "Observation of a New Type of THz Resonance of Surface Plasmons Propagating on Metal-film Hole Arrays", Physical Review Letters, 93, 196804, (2004).
- D. Qu, D. Grischkowsky, and W. Zhang, "Terahertz Transmission Properties of Thin Subwavelength Metallic Hole Arrays", Optics Letters, 29, 896, (2004).
- NSF Graduate Fellowship, 2009-2011
- Graduate Fellowship, Princeton University, 2005
- China Instrument Society Scholarship, China Instrument Society, 2002
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award, Zhejiang Province, China, 2002
- Meritorious Award in Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM), Consortium for Mathematics and Its Applications (COMAP), USA, 2001
- First Prize, Chinese Mathematical Contest in Modeling (CMCM), China, 2000
- Outstanding Scholarship, Zhejiang University, 1999-2001