University of California, Davis: BS, Animal Science 1998
University of California, Davis: PhD, Genetics 2004
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: Postdoc, Genome Biology 1/2004-1/2008
University of California, Berkeley: Associate Specialist, Molecular and Cellular Biology, 1/2008-11/2010
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: Staff Scientist, Biosciences and Biotechnology Division, 11/2010-present
- Extensive training in genetics, molecular biology, histology, and developmental biology.
- Over 20 years of hands-on, in vivo mouse experimentation.
- Significant experience with surgical mouse models, ex vivo tissue analysis, and histological analysis of mouse tissues.
- Supervisor of the Animal Care Facility (vivarium) at LLNL
- Ensure staff and user training, regulatory compliance, and logistical coordination for in vivo experiments.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for animal model research.
- Participate in a wide variety of research that includes forensics, toxicology, infectious disease diagnostics, pathogen evolution, and therapeutic development.
- Research roles include all phases of experimentation, from experimental design to data analysis.