- 2014–2016, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore
- 2007–2010, Tenured Lecturer, Universitas Pelita Harapan, Tangerang
- 2002–2003, Metallurgist, Penta Technologies, Jakarta
- Radiation damage and defects (and their interactions) in materials
- Ion implantation and synthesis of materials
- Ion-beam analysis
- Mechanical properties of materials
- Relaxation process in amorphous solids
Ph.D. Physics, Australian National University, Australia, 2014
M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2006
B.S. Engineering Physics, Institut Teknologi Bandung, 2001
- J.B. Wallace, L.B. Bayu Aji, L. Shao, S.O. Kucheyev, Deterministic role of collision cascade density in radiation defect dynamics in Si, Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 216101.
- L.B. Bayu Aji, A.A. Baker, J.H. Bae, A.M. Hiszpanski, E. Stavrou, S.K. McCall, S.O. Kucheyev, Degradation of ultra-thin boron films in air, Appl. Surf. Sci. 448, 498.
- L.B. Bayu Aji, J.B. Wallace, S.O. Kucheyev, Effects of collision cascade density on radiation defect dynamics in 3C-SiC, Sci. Rep. 7, 44703.
- L.B. Bayu Aji, J.B. Wallace, L. Shao, S.O. Kucheyev, Non-monotonic temperature dependence of radiation defect dynamics in silicon carbide, Sci. Rep. 6, 30931.
- L.B. Bayu Aji, S. Ruffell, B. Haberl, J.E. Bradby, J.S. Williams, Correlation of indentation-induced phase transformations with the degree of relaxation of ion-implanted amorphous silicon, J. Mater. Res. 28, 1056.