My general interests are in the area of materials characterization and utilizing a variety of in-house and synchrotron-based techniques including XPS, NEXAFS, and SXE with an emphasis on in situ studies of surface mediated properties.
Ph.D. Applied Science, College of William and Mary, 2011
M.Sc. Applied Science, College of William and Mary, 2009
B.S. Physics, College of William and Mary, 2007
- M. Bagge-Hansen, R. A. Outlaw, K. Seo and D. M. Manos, "Morphology and Crystallization of ThO2 thin films on polycrystalline Ir," Thin Solid Films, 520 (13), 4249, Apr., 2012.
- M. Bagge-Hansen, R. A. Outlaw, K. Seo, C. E. Reece, J. Spradlin and D. M. Manos, "Thermal-Vacuum Stability of the Surface Oxide Complex on Cu," Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, 29 (5), 053001, Sept., 2011.
- M. Bagge-Hansen, R. A. Outlaw, M. Y. Zhu and D. M. Manos, "The initial oxidation of polycrystalline thorium," Surface and Interface Analysis, 43(9), 1192, Sept., 2011.
- M. Y. Zhu, R. A. Outlaw, M. Bagge-Hansen, H. J. Chen and D. M. Manos, "Enhanced field emission of vertically oriented carbon nanosheets synthesized by C2H2/H2 plasma enhanced CVD," Carbon, 49(7), 2526, Jun., 2011.
- M. Bagge-Hansen, R, A. Outlaw, M. Y. Zhu, H. J. Chen and D. M. Manos, "Hyperthermal atomic hydrogen and oxygen etching of vertically oriented graphene sheets," Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 27(6) Nov./Dec., 2009.
- M. Bagge-Hansen, R, A. Outlaw, P. Miraldo, M. Y. Zhu, K. Hou, N. D. Theodore, X. Zhao and D. M. Manos, "Field emission from Mo2C coated carbon nanosheets," Journal of Applied Physics, 103, 014311, Jan. 2008.
- Best Post-Doc Poster Award, Condensed Matter and Materials Division, Post-Doc Poster Symposium, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, 2012
- The College of William and Mary School of Arts and Science Distinguished Dissertation Award in the Natural and Computational Sciences, Williamsburg, VA, 2011
- Best Student Built Vacuum System, Student Poster Award, Vacuum Technology Division, 55th American Vacuum Society International Symposium, Boston, MA, 2008